Our Commitment To Keeping Your Trust
We handle all personal information within the company with utmost care, in compliance with the Australian privacy laws.
Why We Collect Information
We collect information to provide you with the best service that we can. We need this information to deliver products and services to you, to complete transactions on your behalf and to better understand your requirements and preferences.
We may contact you for additional information or verification before accepting any order.
This information also allows us to provide you with offers that are of more specific interest or benefit to you.
How We Collect This Information
We store your registration and ordering details so that you don’t have to provide them every time you shop with us. The personal information we collect is supplied by you and then verified for our database.
What We Collect
The information we collect includes your name, business name, address, delivery address, phone number and e-mail address.
Sharing Your Information
We may need to pass personal details such as your name, business name and address to service providers who perform some of our deliveries. This may include major delivery companies, outsourced call centres, mail houses and third party fulfilment contractors.
In special circumstances (for example, if there is a new owner of the business), your information may be transferred as part of that sale. We will not use your information for purposes unrelated to the services we provide without your consent.
We may also provide data to other business partners for various purposes, such as marketing research. In this situation, only details pertaining to the direct transaction and sales of our products will be released.
If you would like to access your personal information, please email your request via the Contact Us page or phone us on 1800 102 233. We take the greatest care to store your personal information securely in order to justify your confidence in shopping with us online.
Only specially cleared team members in our Customer Service Centre and in Marketing, Stores, Finance and IT have access to our customers’ personal information. Their access is subject to strict controls and procedures.
Our e-commerce sites use a security measure called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. SSL locks all your critical information in an encrypted envelope, preventing this information from being intercepted. Our SSL technology is the industry standard in Internet security.
About Cookies And What They Tell Us
A cookie is a small amount of information sent from a web server to your computer when you use our web site. This information does not personally identify you. It simply tells us what areas of our site your computer has visited. It also tells us if you have selected a product and put it in your shopping basket. It does not tell us your personal identity unless you are registered with us.
Direct Marketing By Mail And Email
We will only send you email or mail via direct marketing if you choose to receive them. If you would like to receive offers from us, please tick the relevant box when you register with Stock and Noble. If you no longer wish to receive these offers, please email us or call 1800 102 233.
Changes To Our Privacy Policies And Practices
Our privacy policies and practices are reviewed and updated regularly with customer expectations and legislative changes.
How Do We Handle Customer Information
- We do not collect personal information when you visit our site unless you log on, place an order or register with us.
- When you place an order, you will be asked for the following personal information: your name, e-mail address, mailing address, delivery address, phone number and any specific delivery instructions. We may share this information with third parties which are involved in the processing of your order – for example, the financial institution that issued your credit card and the shipping carrier that will deliver your order.
- Stock and Noble is committed to reducing the risk of fraud. Our policy is to prosecute any cases of fraud that we identify. As a first time customer, you may receive a telephone call or email requesting more information/proof to confirm the details that you have supplied to us. If any of the information you supply is found to be false or misleading, we will, if deemed appropriate, report this to the appropriate authorities.
- We do not share, sell, rent or barter any identifiable personal information to any third party without your permission.
- When you log on to our site, we will ask you your e-mail address and user ID.
- When you submit feedback or questions via e-mail, or contact us for information about our website, we will request your name and e-mail address. We use this information solely to respond to your inquiries.
- When you enter a contest or other promotional feature, we may require your name, address, and e-mail address in order to assist us in managing the contest and to notify winners. We may ask for other information to enable us to improve our site or to send you special offers.
- Our site contains links to other sites. Stock and Noble is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites.
- By default, all web server log files capture IP addresses. We may use your IP to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our website and to track web usage. This information is used internally and is not shared outside the company.
As part of these principles, customers who do not want to receive marketing offers through the mail or on the internet can contact us on 1800 102 233.
As the Federal Government introduces new privacy legislation, Stock and Noble’s privacy policies are reviewed and updated as appropriate.
More information on privacy legislation is available from the Federal Privacy Commissioner at www.privacy.gov.au.
How We Protect Customer Information
For credit card transactions, Stock and Noble uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. This means the credit card information you send is encrypted by your computer, and then decrypted again when it reaches our company, preventing others from accessing your private information in the process. The payment process utilised by Stock and Noble uses HTTPS and is secured by 128bit SSL encryption. We do not store your credit card details.
How We Handle Marketing Communications
Stock and Noble has found that attractive, graphics-rich emails are a quick, effective and low-cost way to communicate with customers and prospects about new, high tech products, clearance and auction items. We maintain an opt-out, user-customisable subscription service of email addresses of people requesting promotional emails.
We do not want to send emails to you if you would prefer not to receive them. Therefore, every email provides a way for you to unsubscribe from future emails. In addition, you can email: firstname.lastname@example.org to manage your subscription. We also have administrative procedures in place to remove email addresses and domains that consistently send failure messages to our email servers.